CrossCut Games Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings, two questions and a suggestion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pielroja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Greetings, two questions and a suggestion Reply with quote

I'd like to say hello to all the members of this forum (developers, testers, gamers). It has passed a long time since I discovered this forum, played "Runesword" and had a good time while recalling the classic rol games with dices, result tables, experience points… Smile

I hope to play Runesword again in the short- or middle-term. In the meanwhile, could you tell me if it is expected to release an updated installer? If I am right, nowadays you should install the first the 2.6 version and secondly some patches. Does the installer contain all the "finished" or "nearly-finished" tomes, or must they be downloaded from elsewhere?

Thank you and best regards.

And a suggestion. While revisiting this forum, it seemed odd to me that the "RuneSword Open Souce" forum page contain a good number of Announcements and Stickies: “2.4.7 Released!”, “RuneSword Alpha 2.4.8 Complete Install”, “Patch 2.4.7a is released!”, “RuneSword 2 Open Source AVAILABLE!”, “RuneSword 2.5.0 is released!”, "RuneSword 2-4-6 Full Package and patch", "RuneSword 2-4-5 Full package". As most of them are clearly outdated, I'd suggest to convert those that are not important into "normal posts" to not show them on the top every time you visit that page. IMHO, I find them a bit annoying as well as confusing for newcomers.
DarkStar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Welcome to Runesword again! The new version has lots of nice changes and works pretty well. As you said it does play like a classic game - you can even see the dice rolls!

The installer does include some tomes. I think some of the versions have all of them. Not sure which installer that would be. I'm sure Monty or Titi can provide more info. You can also download the tomes that look interesting from the forum. The current versions are always attached to the first post.

I love the Tomes 'Trouble In Klempor', 'Jack's Latern', and 'Reflections In Time'. Those Tomes are really fun and you should give them a try.

I did a fresh install a few days ago. I agree it's not that easy. I ended up having the download and install all the version and patches. Maybe there should be a new upload that has everything in one installer and update the forum to reflect that.

I believe that Monty or Titi will provide more info once they read this. Have fun and nice to see you back. I hope you enjoy your stay! Very Happy
pielroja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind answer, DarkStar.

I'll keep an eye on the forum. I plan to enjoy some time on Christmast by playing "Runesword" again, whatever installer is avalaible by then. In the past, I tried two or three tomes; the one that I liked most was Sosaria.

It is really nice that Runesword maintains the attraction of old role-playing games.

Regards.
DarkStar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like Sosaria. You will be happy to know there is a new one. It's called: 'Sosaria I - Eve of Virtue'. You should check that one out for sure. I haven't finished it yet but fun so far. You can get and read about it on the forum. Have fun!
Titi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkStar wrote:
I did a fresh install a few days ago. I agree it's not that easy. I ended up having the download and install all the version and patches. Maybe there should be a new upload that has everything in one installer and update the forum to reflect that.

That's exactly right. I've already updated the installer script to include everything in one downloadable file. What's left now is to fix the two or three bugs still pending, and make sure I've got all the latest versions of the tomes.
I aim at having this finalized around 15th December, real life permitting...
pielroja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are great news! Very Happy

Also, an updated and easy-to-use installer will encourage more people to play Runesword.
monty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titi wrote:
DarkStar wrote:

That's exactly right. I've already updated the installer script to include everything in one downloadable file. What's left now is to fix the two or three bugs still pending, and make sure I've got all the latest versions of the tomes.
I aim at having this finalized around 15th December, real life permitting...

That is AWESOME NEWS!! We have all been busy with real life. Hopefully we can wrap up a complete final version of RS and then move on to other projects.

“Some people look good in a straightjacket.”
Titi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed The last bug is more difficult to fix than I anticipated. Still working on it, but I can't tell how long it will take... But I'll try to have the new version ready before end of January 2013.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CrossCut Games Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: